7/21/07

Sat 7/21 - double, about 2 hours total incl. 5k in 16:18

AM - 20+ minute warmup, 5k in Springfield's Forest Park in 16:18 (ever consistent), 30 minute cooldown in the woods. Had difficulty sleeping in the tent and felt less than refreshed. Unlike the Lowell 5k where I also ran 16:18 this week, this one had two moderate-sized hills, neither of which treated me well at all. Spent the last mile in get it over with mode. No idea what the splits were. My gut feeling is that the course might be a tad short. Sunny, warm, but dry.

PM - 55 minutes in Northfield, Ashuelot Rd. to Staddle Hill, up Louisiana Rd. to the res and back down the ridge on trails. Planned on keeping the run flat but feeling a bit frisky and took the detour up Louisiana. Worth it for the view of the reservoir, made it up the climb better than I thought I would. The descent left my legs feeling somewhat rubbery. Afternoon hike up Mt. Sugarloaf, short but exceedingly steep, probably also had something to do with that.

No comments: