9/1/12

Fri 8/31 - PM 80 minutes plus 22 minutes in Walden

Looking forward to this visit to the woods and pond for a couple of days, but when the day did arrive too tired to enjoy it properly. Adjusting to the more rigorous fall schedule is never easy. Hill drills were also part of the plan, and I dutifully did them on Pine Hill even though legs felt flat as can be and energy level was flagging by the time I got to the hill. Prior to all this was a stop at Devil's Staircase, about 45 minutes in when I realized I had maybe bitten off more than I could chew. Hotter today that the past couple of days by a few degrees but the humidity remained relatively low. Now that I'm only able to visit the pond every so often instead of every day, its dropping level is even more apparent. The shore has been receding all summer and things are exposed that I haven't seen exposed for years. I don't see the trend reversing itself for a good while either.

No comments: