8/26/12

Sat 8/25 - AM 60 minutes easy plus 15 minutes in Walden

The day's running started with a very slow jog directly to the pond. Barely able to move the first few minutes, way too early and way too stiff. Unwelcome excitement was introduced via an enormous insect, must have been a horsefly, that was resting in a spot I stepped next to, it jumped onto my shin and bit for all it was worth. Hurt like a bastard and drew blood, lovely. Moving much better on the return trip from the pond, unsurprisingly. From there, drove down the street to Cat Rock Park for my first ever visit. Did 20 minutes with the kiddies, as ever they sprinted away from me on an "easy" warmup. Then watched them climb the former ski hill multiple times, which I climbed myself once. Which was plenty. Humid but not overly hot given how early it was.

No comments: