9/2/12

Sat 9/1 - PM 1:45

Final run of the summer in Northfield/Winchester, I'd guess. Originally the plan was to head out in the morning and do a loop that included going up and over Gunn Mountain. Feeling so flat and tired yesterday I thought better of it, slept in a bit and took my time getting started in making the trip out. In hindsight the right choice, not too hot or humid and the run was as long and productive as I could have hoped. Loop started down So. Parrish and Staddle Hill, decided at the last minute to go up Louisiana Rd. as far as the reservoir. Then tried to guess my way across the slope to the trailhead near Pine Rd, overshot the mark and found myself bushwhacking a bit to get back to the road. From there headed over to Old Wendell via School and Warwick streets. Able to maintain effort and focus up the climb, and capped things off with a trip to the top of Crag (Craig) Mountain, with a couple of pictures this time. Upload coming soon. Right hammie remains vaguely sore/strained, but not to a debilitating degree.


Northfield Mountain reservoir in the late afternoon sun

No comments: