8/30/12

Tue 8/28 - PM 75 minutes easy plus 22 minutes in Walden

Very apprehensive this morning due to soreness in right foot. Focus of the pain underneath the middle "knuckle" with tingling in my toes. As ever, there are other things involved as I realized when I noticed stiffness in the calf much further up. Did some hands-on work on the calf and it helped to release whatever is wound up/stuck. By mid-afternoon I knew that I'd be able to at least do an easy run in the woods which is exactly what happened. In part the easy effort was in deference to my not being able to sleep well thanks to the foot being sore. Jogging hopefully helped loosen it up further. I had planned on doing hill drills and was even able to pull this off without incident. On top of that, did a few short pickups on the way in which felt well under control. Another disaster averted I guess.

No comments: