7/30/11

Fri 7/29 - PM 80 minutes plus 25 minutes in Walden

Lincoln woods, incl. first visit in two years to the horse paddock trail. Doable now that the beaver dam by route 2 has been taken care of. Right foot of course continues to dominate my attention, felt okay given the fact I aggravated it yesterday evening. Wore the clunky shoes for the support and of course, rolled my left ankle on a rock in the trail, something that wouldn't have happened with the shoes I usually wear back there. Second toe (Morton's toe) has a decent sized blister on it and the pain is definitely localized to the muscle/tendon associated with that toe. Temp stayed reasonable all day but humidity sky high, a relief to get in the water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mayall, how are you doing, it's Andy Lin. I really wish we stayed in touch and that I got to go on a few more runs with you, not that I could even pretend to keep up with you. Your runs through the woods have really been a highlight of my life. Who'd of thought. I've written papers about that first run through the lincoln woods with the cross country team. I'm in St. Louis with my fiancee and really killing myself and feeling pretty miserable as a neurology resident. If you shoot me a line at all2012@med.cornell.edu, I'd love to hear from you. Have you kept in touch with anyone from back then?