7/24/11

Sat 7/23 - 80 minutes plus 20 minutes in the Pemi

AM - 80 minutes incl. 10k road race in 34:30. Much-need sleep last night delayed by idiot rednecks in adjacent campsites, then interrupted by unexpected rain that forced me to put on the rain fly when I had originally left it off to keep things cool. Camping in NH this summer hasn't worked out so hot this summer. Hoping all the fast people would do the accompanying 5k, which they did in impressive times, not thinking that 4 of them would double back in the 10k that started 15 minutes later. As such any chances of a money slot were gone before the gun went off, trudged through the thing with no motivation. Barely controlled deceleration the second 5k. Temp not as hot as yesterday thankfully but the dewpoint was still sky high at the time we ran. Actually would have been better a little later on in the morning, but as it was I wilted pretty noticeably. The tightness in my right shin migrated to the bottom of my foot, definitely strained and something I didn't notice until  the 6 mile mark. It proceeded to stiffen up the rest  of the afternoon and feel like absolute crap, very worrisome. I liked the pain better when it was in the shin.

PM - 20 minutes aquajogging in the Pemi. Back and forth in a deep pool that happened to be located within walking distance of my tent. Right foot very tender and sore, in sudden and acute style. Whistling as loud as possible past the graveyard.

No comments: