9/23/10

Wed 9/22 - double, 90 minutes total incl. 6x1600

AM - 25 minutes easy/very easy. Left leg has felt better and felt worse. Much warmer this morning as compared to yesterday morning, no surprise with SW wind blowing since last night.

PM - 65 minutes incl. 6x1600 back and forth on the first mile of the Longfellow loop. Recoveries just over a minute. Very down in the mouth beforehand about how this would go in terms of the adductor locking up on me, but it wasn't an issue in the end. Splits all between 5:30 and 5:34, which is what I was going for, but I was also going for 8 reps not 6. Relatively comfortable and relaxed most of the way, but I could feel myself running out of gas on the fifth one. Decided that discretion was the better part of valor. Saving myself for Saturday mainly, a seventh rep would have been ugly never mind 8.  Unseasonable warmth and humidity didn't help, but still an underwhelming session on the whole. Feeling tired and beat down right now.

No comments: