5/27/16

Sun 5/22 - AM 1:40 incl. half marathon

Third trip down the Ashuwilticook RT, closer in time to the first time two years ago. It helped that I had someone to chase from  the 2 mile mark on. For the longest time he remained the same frustrating distance out in front, until I eventually was able to reel him in precisely at mile 10. To my surprise he rallied and put me away in the next mile but it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things as the age group results were in the bag anyway. Hit a rhythm early on that I figured would be unsustainable but kept plugging away nonetheless. To my surprise the mile splits stayed relatively consistent until the last one which was playing out the string. To wit:

5:48
5:46
5:47
5:55
5:46
5:49
5:52
5:48
5:55
5:50
5:52
5:48
6:07

About as well as I could have hoped to run esp. given the two plus  hour drive to get there. Conditions were generally favorable, not much of a headwind and cooler than last year.

No comments: