1/6/13

Sat 1/5 - double, 80 minutes incl. 6-5-4-3-2 minute pickups

AM - 30 minutes very easy. Barely moving to be honest, it was good to get outside regardless. On the chilly side but little wind.

PM - 50 minutes incl. 6-5-4-3-2 minute pickups in Levittown. Changed my mind twice about whether or not to test the hamstring and try something uptempo. After a long afternoon nap, headed out the door figuring I'd just go for a run, but after 15 minutes of jogging, decided that it was back on and started in on timed pickups. 2 minute recovery jogs between the first three reps, then a minute before the last two shorter reps. The hamstring held up well to this which was a happy surprise. The unhappy surprise was slipping on a patch of black ice going around a corner and landing on my left knee like a sack of potatoes 3.5 minutes into the 5 minute pickup. After getting up, dusting myself off, and checking the scrape on my knee, I resumed the workout figuring that if the leg stiffened up I'd have no choice but to stop. Enormously frustrating to say the least, slippery winter conditions continue to be the bane of my existence. Still, able to finish the rest of the workout. Found upon getting back home that the scrape was a bloody mess, sure to become a gross weeping scab over the next few days.

No comments: