9/7/12

Thu 9/6 - PM 60 minutes incl. 6x(3 minute, 1 minute)

First "workout" of any kind since the miserable cutdown session on the track in the rain before DNFing in my last track race. Set the bar decidedly low, aiming for a cruising pace on the 3 minute reps with hopefully a little progression within each, then some kind of turnover on the 1 minute reps to complement the longer slower stuff. One minute recoveries between everything such that each set took 6 minutes to complete. Fairly tired from the outset so plenty tired by the end. I could feel the effort flagging a bit but not to the degree that pulling the plug ever crossed my mind, simply adjusted the effort. Which is to say backed off on the pace a bit on the 3 minute reps. The final 1 minute was on the track and ended up being about 320m which was 20m more than I thought it would be. The previous 1 minute reps weren't at quite that pace I'm guessing. Right hammie didn't give me any trouble, although legs felt flat in general. Temps reasonable but humidity remains sky high, dripping wet by the end. Cooldown a very relaxed 10 minute barefoot jog on the grass. All in all a qualified success.

No comments: