9/6/12

Wed 9/5 - 65 minutes

Quite a difference from yesterday. I should take days off more often, the effect was certainly salutary. Today was the first of what will likely be many "split sessions" involving running with the kids and then on my own later on before heading home. Went for a 50+ minute run with the kiddies, shockingly at a pace that wasn't all out hammerfest from the get-go. Whether this was done for my benefit or not I don't know, I doubt it, but it was appreciated. Nice road loop with modest roll here and there. Upon returning, supervised the rest of practice for almost an hour before capping things off with 15 minutes or so of barefoot running on the football field with 6 strides at the end done hourglass style. Insects were the only problem, as they were flying about in hordes thick enough to present problems with getting them stuck in my eye. Expecting to be dumped on by the remnants of hurricane Isaac but in fact the rains had passed through in the morning, leaving sunny skies and relatively pleasant conditions, albeit a bit sticky.

No comments: