9/11/11

Sat 9/10 - double, 1:50 total incl. 16k threshold run

AM - 30 minutes total, in chunks, ad Maudsley Park. Jogged the two mile loop that the kids were racing to see the layout, then ran at a pretty good clip from the start area to the mile mark for each of the two races. Plenty of standing around in between of course. So desperate to get some sleep last night I chose to forgo stretching before going to bed, felt it today.

PM - 80 minutes incl. 4 laps on Longfellow in an hour. Had some doubt as to whether I'd be able to pull off the originally planned number of laps given how tired I've felt lately. Plus a late start I wasn't feeling that sanguine about it. Locked into a relatively modest pace early on, unable to do much to change it but by the same token it seemed like I could have kept going if necessary. Unable to see my watch on the last lap in the gathering darkness, ran on feel by that point. The numbers:

5:58/6:03/2:54
5:59/6:03/2:56
6:01/5:57/2:55
5:58/6:01/2:56

Some stomach issues on the final lap and stiffness in the left SI joint afterward but other than that no major problems physically. Cool and  dry conditions.

No comments: