11/28/16

Sun 11/20 - AM 90 minutes incl. 4x 6 minutes

Area 51. Long warmup with the CH through the trails, followed up by running the length of the refuge driveway with 2 minute recoveries. Why I haven't thought to use this stretch of road in the past for workouts is beyond me, as it has much to offer. Next to no traffic even on their busiest of days, a modest bump of a hill about halfway along providing some resistance without being overwhelming, and just far enough from home to make for a decent but not overly long warmup/cooldown. Won't be my last time back there for sure. Blustery conditions meant that the first and third reps were into a decent headwind. In a perfect world I would have done more reps, maybe a lot more, but four will have to do for the time being given how tremendously worn down and unfit I am at the moment. Also started late enough that I had to cut it short in order to get home for lunch at a reasonable hour. No idea exactly how long the driveway was, splits got a bit quicker as I got into them:

6:01.6 out
5:51.3 back
5:55.4 out
5:43.2 back

No comments: