9/23/15

Sun 9/20 - AM 65 minutes incl. 4x1600

Longfellow loop. Another case of reality trumping delusion, as the workout I had hoped to accomplish was in no way achievable thanks to an overextended week of too late bedtimes and feeling generally frazzled. After last week's 12k progression I thought 8x1600 with 400m jogs was doable. Realized on the third one that I would have to scale back those aspirations and upon finishing #4 it became abundantly clear I was done as I was unable to crack 6 minutes. Splits of 5:45, 5:57, 5:50, and 6:03. The idea was to keep it at a level where I would have no problem getting through the whole thing and in that sense it was certainly a failure, not sure how much slower it would have needed to be in order to do 8 but I'm thinking somewhere in the 6:20 range. Ego and vanity wouldn't allow for that of course. Dug myself a nice little hole here, hopefully not too hard to get out of it.

No comments: