8/4/14

Sun 8/3 - double, 45 minutes incl. road mile plus 55 minutes elliptigo

AM - 45 minutes including road mile. Not feeling especially optimistic going into this race, mainly thanks to the way the right leg has been acting up the past few days and of course the underlying fatigue. Warmed up thoroughly, not feeling especially motivated up until toeing the line. The start was just as fast as I thought it might be and I struggled to deal with it just as I thought I would. Rolled through the quarter in around 65 and buried behind most of the field it seemed. Realized going in I would have to beat old pal Titus to win money and he had staked himself out to a spot just beyond being in contact. There he stayed through the half reached in 2:20, which made for a demoralizing mood on my part. The rubber band started to snap back in the third quarter, reached in 3:34 or so. Still I didn't think I was gaining quickly enough to be able to pass him and make it stick. Made my one and only move with just over 200m to go, created just enough daylight as it turns out. This move put a stunning amount of lactate in my bloodstream however, full body muscle ache as a result. Total time around 4:45, hadn't realized how much difference running point to point makes in terms of time. Still overcast, not too hot but definitely humid.

PM - 55 minutes, elliptigo. Trying out the new toy for the first time. More of a workout than I thought it would be, a little awkward at times but overall invigorating. As expected, got more than a few stares.

No comments: