6/6/14

Thu 6/5 - PM 45 minutes incl. mile race

After last year's invigorating and pleasantly surprising mile race at this same meet, this year's edition was an anticlimactic dud. The beat goes on in that respect. Splits of 71/74.5/76.5/74 feeling flat and listless from the jump. Tempting of course to lay the blame on overdoing it two days ago with repeats done at a pace which in hindsight I couldn't hope to maintain. However, what truly made this was the ongoing inability to get to bed at anything resembling a reasonable hour. Compared to last year in fact I got to 3/4 just a couple clicks slower but whereas a year ago I was able to make a big move and hold it, this time around it was scraping the bottom of the barrel. Making it even less fun was the fact that I was in no-man's land after no more than a lap and stayed there. I was in fact trying to get some turnover on that last lap but nothing doing. The super late bedtimes of last week's staycation not helping me one bit right now. Rainy conditions gave way to cool and fairly nice weather by the time I raced, not the steambath of last July's version of this meet.

No comments: