6/8/14

Fri 6/6 - AM 20 minutes very easy

Swellesley. Ordinarily a pre-breakfast shakeout like this would be the front half of a double, but ordinarily I would also have gotten some sleep the night before. Not the case this time alas. The caffeine I ingested yesterday afternoon before the race had no discernible positive effect on the race needless to say but it did manage to keep me awake for hours beyond any reasonable bedtime. At a certain point the teflon consciousness took over and that was that. I'm fairly certain that there was no sleep whatsoever for the entire night, if there was it certainly wasn't of any value. Not sure how I'd make it through the day but chose to try and stick to established routines which included the morning jog. Thought I might collapse after lunch or hallucinate or something but this didn't happen. When I did get home it was straight to bed of course. Woke up about 3 hours later not knowing what planet I was on. No idea how long it will take to recover from this particular indignity. I suppose caffeine is off the table for weeknight races going forward, although I've done it in the past.

No comments: