3/10/13

Sat 3/9 - double, 80 minutes total incl. timed pickups

AM - 30 minutes very easy. Still plenty of snow underfoot but with sun and warm temps the melting was already starting when I headed out just after 9 in the morning. Rolled the glute and piriformis on the lax ball after the run and felt like it helped loosen up the hip.

PM - 50 minutes incl. 10-8-6-4-2 minute pickups. Back to Levittown for the second day in a row. Feeling like I needed to do something of quality after so much jogging since the last workout eight days ago. Still ambivalent about aggravating the hamstring but it held up well enough through the workout, although the effort level was intentionally kept somewhat moderate at the outset. I also took great care rounding any corners that looked like they might have had anything resembling black ice after hitting the deck here back in January. Recoveries of 4-3-2-1 minutes, by the last two reps it felt like I was stalling out a bit in the second half of the rep but by then I was happy just to have survived without falling or straining my leg.

No comments: