10/14/12

Sat 10/13 - AM 60 minutes incl. 5k road race

Another sandbagging visit to Plymouth. After a decent night's rest, feeling more energetic than yesterday although that isn't saying much. Warmed up on the course, something I'm glad I did because it rolled relentlessly. No major hills but very little flat ground to speak of, and knowing what to expect was helpful. Noticed my old pal Titus while finishing off the warmup, not exactly thrilled to see him. I had no desire to lead but found myself in that spot, though not working overly hard to do it. After the first 4 minutes or so it was just the two of us. Covered a surge just after a mile, tucked in for a time and figured I would try to make one decisive counterpunch in the final half mile. Instead, I pulled away without trying to before two miles on one of the short steep climbs. From there on out did enough to maintain advantage without killing myself. Didn't bother to take splits so the final time was a pleasant surprise but that who knows if the course is accurate. Conditions more like November than October with a chilly wind and cold temps following the first frost of the season overnight.

No comments: