7/2/12

Sun 7/1 - AM 2:10

Loop run through the hills of Northfield and Winchester. Didn't bring my bike on this trip, so the run wasn't going to end at the TV tower as these things have in the past. Started off running along the ridge, the main trail now a mess thanks to logging going on seemingly throughout the school-owned forest. While the harvesting is selective, the impact on the trail is substantial and the whole thing was a downer. Continued on to Staddle Hill, then up Bolton road and right past the TV tower, down the other side to the covered bridge. From there up Schofield Mtn. Road and back via So. Parrish. A short break just before the hour mark, then a longer break at the covered bridge 25 minutes later to soak the legs in the Ashuelot river which was great. Felt fine throughout, felt like the effort was well distributed over the entire length of the run. Since I didn't get to sleep until rather late last night I had concerns about not having the energy. Could have gone a little further but it was getting on towards lunchtime and I wanted to eat lunch and get back home. I had thoughts of hitting Walden in the afternoon after getting home but by the time I made it back I was far too tired. Hot and sunny like yesterday, but not overly humid thankfully.

No comments: