6/14/12

Wed 6/13 - PM 45 minutes easy

Area 51. Super late start combined with low energy level makes for a short run. Pushing my luck with the deer flies as they're well on their way to taking over the woods for the summer. Warm and muggy after a day of rain showers followed by the clouds breaking up. Big issue now is the right calf which I somehow someway is at the edge of being strained again. I can run on it fine, but the unmistakable tightness is there. Did a fair amount of compressions on it which feel like they're having great effect but then it stiffens up over time afterward. Mystified as to how it got to this point, perhaps the low profile shoes I started breaking in on Monday on top of wearing the spikes twice last week. Shouldn't be a big deal though, and wasn't for months. Very frustrating and I feel like I'm suddenly whistling past the graveyard here.

No comments: