6/16/12

Fri 6/15 - AM 50 minutes easy

Walden woods. Day off from work so as to travel up to NH for tomorrow's Mt. Washington race. Easy run around the pond and nearby. Cool morning, very nice conditions. Calf stiff from the early start but not overly bothersome. I dearly wanted to jump in for a quick dip as well but started too late, not enough time before the eye exam I also scheduled for today. Said exam took almost 3 hours. It didn't go well, I suppose this goes without saying. This pushed everything back for the rest of the day and delayed the departure enough so that I got stuck in the most miserable hideous traffic imaginable, all roads leading to NH were backed up for miles. Fucking hideous, added over an hour to the trip and I was even more exhausted than usual upon finally arriving. At least this year I'm not sleeping in a leaky tent during torrential downpours.

No comments: