2/2/12

Wed 2/1 - PM 75 minutes easy/very easy

Lincoln woods. Interesting run for a variety of reasons. Not originally planning to run in the woods due to rain in the afternoon forecast which never materialized. Saw the opportunity but with the caveat that I'd have to do it in the trail shoes, on uneven and possibly slippery terrain, neither of which would be good for the calf. Decided to make a go of it while being careful about it. First 20 minutes of the run I was stepping as gingerly as possible through Mount Misery with the lateral head of left gastroc feeling like it would snap at any moment. Wondering what the hell I was thinking when apropos of nothing the spasm released 23 minutes (or so) into the run. While not pain-free it was better after that. While some of the tightness returned later in the run, once again it released and I was able to finish the run off without feeling like I had done any major damage to it. Took it very easy throughout, taking no chances and not forcing the issue like I did the last time I ran here. Hopeful that the cross fiber friction on the affected area is having some effect. Warm enough for shorts as well, quite the contrast to a year ago on this date, which fell between two major snowstorms.

No comments: