9/30/11

9/29 - PM 70 minutes incl. 6x1600

Longfellow loop, in the midst of heavy rains and booming thunder. Heavens actually opened only after the warmup, and not a moment too soon as the humidity was stifling before that. Not especially optimistic about how this would go, in particular how the left hammie/SI joint would hold up to the strain. While the SI joint got stiff on the last rep the area wasn't a problem other than that. Took a 400m jog between reps to make the logistics work so as not to be going back and forth. Made for slightly longer recoveries than I'd like but still between 1:45 and 2 minutes. Pace on the reps nothing to write home about but given how flat I've been feeling since the weekend I'll take it. Splits of 5:30, 5:37, 5:34, 5:34, 5:31, and 5:35. Worried I had done the first one too quick, overcompensated on the next rep, but found a decent groove after that. I'd like to think I could have done two more reps at that pace, but it was getting late.

No comments: