5/8/11

Fri 5/6 - PM 85 minutes incl. 4(400-300-200-100)

Finally the much-delayed leg prep session comes off. Very doubtful about this one due to both the ongoing soreness in the left thigh and lower back as well as being dog-ass tired from all the too-late bedtimes. Happily, I found while doing drills after the warmup jog that the leg felt better than expected. Given the less than totally demanding nature of the workout I was able to get through regardless of how strung out I might be. Started with only the vaguest of ideas of what kind of splits I could or should run, but erred on the conservative side and wanted to feel like things were under control. Times were nothing spectacular as a result, 400s @76 or so the first two sets and 73 the last two, 300s around 55, 200s 35-37, 100s 17-18 depending on whether or not I was running with the unrelenting wind at my back or not. Some fatiguing in the left thigh but manageable throughout which was the most encouraging thing about the session. Warmer today than the past few days but the aforementioned wind made for a cooler feel.

No comments: