2/6/10

Fri 2/5 - PM 75 minutes incl. 800, 2x400, 4x200

Something of a stunning development today. Woke up feeling every minute of yesterday's somewhat longer run in my left iliopsoas and SI joint. To the point where I was wondering if maybe a sacral stress fx was in the offing. The fact that walking around relieved the worst of the stiffness was somewhat reassuring, but I still had deep misgivings about doing anything other than jogging easy. Deep-seated tiredness from a week of not sleeping enough wasn't helping matters any. 45 minute "warmup" on SW corridor/Jamaica Pond/Muddy river loop, by the end of that the core area was starting to feel better. Planning on doing another glorified stride session of 800-400-2x200, but after emerging unscathed from the 800 and 400 I realized I could do a little more. No fitness or ability to turn over my legs of course which is why nothing was timed. Very little stiffness or soreness on the right side that's been such a mess for so long. Brief slow cooldown, 15 minutes tops.

No comments: