4/17/09

Thu 4/16 - PM 65 minutes incl. 4x1000

Motivated mainly by foolhardy optimism, I decided to give a bit of faster running a try today. It feels like my hip and adductor have been improving of late if only slightly. In hindsight it was jumping the gun in doing this but I'm hopeful that it isn't damaged any worse, time will tell. What is readily apparent is that the lack of stretching of late hasn't helped a bit. I had suspected as much from the pattern of runs of late where the first 30 minutes or so feel like garbage and it gets better from there on out. Stretching between the warmup and workout left it feeling much better, if only temporarily. Looking to run 5-6 reps with 200 meter jogs at a controlled pace. The reps themselves never felt better than uncomfortable, with the added bonus of the times (3:18-3:20) reminding me that I've lost every last bit of sharpness that I had from the winter. Cooldown didn't feel as bad as I was expecting to, but I was expecting the worst. Stretched some more after the cooldown. It'll be inflamed tomorrow for sure, interesting to see to what degree the goosefoot is involved.

No comments: