3/4/09

Tue 3/3 - PM RLTAC 60 minutes incl. 6x1200

Brief 15 minute warmup indoors, half-assed and half-completed set of drills, then the 1200s with a minute rest:

3:50.4
3:48.0
3:48.8
3:46.9
3:45.7
3:43.9

each of them run even-paced for the most part as I was running with a group this time. The times did progress from rep to rep though. I had my heart set on 8 but ran them too fast to be able to pull it off w/o getting into desperate straits with recoveries this short. Although I may have been able to do one more in the 3:42-3 range, it would have taken a lot out of me. Biggest concern going in was how the right hip would hold up, definitely seems like a stuck psoas/adductor thing. With a little TLC just before starting out it held up well enough but was sore as hell on the cooldown, which was very slow as a result. Right shin sore afterwards, why not. Bitterly cold all day esp. for this time of year, not that I noticed or cared today as every step was done inside.

No comments: