11/29/07

Wed 11/28 - PM just over 70 minutes incl. tempo sandwich

After a warmup jog of just over 15 minutes, 12 minutes tempo, 3R, 8x1 minute pickups with 1 minute recoveries, 3R, 12 minutes tempo. All of it on the side streets of Levittown. Not feeling especially motivated or fresh in the legs at the outset, I had my doubts about my ability to complete this session going in. Original plan was to do the 1 minute reps on a hill, I'm glad I skipped that part because it probably would have put me under. As it was, the initial 12 minute chunk started off relatively slowly and I worked my way into it. The short reps felt good for turnover if nothing else. Legs feeling heavy on the final tempo segment, esp. at about the halfway mark, but I was able to keep it together by focusing on maintaining a compact efficient stride. Overall it came off better than expected. Cold but calm conditions, a wind tonight would have made things miserable in the extreme. Left medial shin area, just above the ankle, has been a little sore lately, possibly from rolling it on slippery leaves Sunday but it also could be just an overuse thing. Not noticing it once I get going but it will bear watching.

No comments: