8/7/07

Tue 8/7 - PM 55 minutes in Lowell incl. 5k in 16:09

The time improvement over previous SB came entirely in the first mile, which passed in 5:00. Subsequent miles were
5:10 and 5:28, which is just about exactly what they were when I ran 16:18 three weeks ago. That first mile didn't feel especially strenuous, so I'll chalk it up to the return from altitude. Two nights in a row of insufficient sleep following the return from FLG left me feeling quite flat and tired, so the effort really wasn't going to be there to begin with and I knew it warming up. Plus I spent the first mile dealing with wardrobe malfunctions related to a woefully inadequate inner brief on my shorts, extremely annoying. Very humid tonight, like it always is, but overcast skies and a breeze knocked down the temperature from the afternoon when it was much worse.

No comments: