4/13/17

Sat 4/8 - AM 65 minutes incl. 5k road race

Quite foolhardy sandbagging expedition, in which the calf very nearly went on me with 800m left. Up until then I was holding out hope of reeling in the kid who had keelhauled me at the mile mark, but immediately the focus changed to getting across the line without completely pulling the muscle off the bone. Great times. Should have known better but that apparently is not in my makeup. The fact is I can't pin down a discrete moment that caused the strain, other than the 12k progression of 3/25 in flats followed by some 200s on the track a few days later that aggravated the issue. This has led me to stick my head in the sand instead of deal with it any substantive way. In all likelihood the lack of stretching combined with pushing the trainer pedals has dialed up the tension on my achilles. This could very well ruin my entire spring, or I could deal with it appropriately. On top of the injury woes, and I'm certainly closer to injured than healthy at the moment, the conditions were horrendously windy and I was flat from the jump as well.

No comments: