6/7/15

Thu 6/4 - PM 45 minutes incl. track mile

Similar to two years ago at this meet, went in with very little confidence as to fitness level. Unyielding flatness and fatigue of recent days had its effect for sure. Running for second from the gun, figuring I would end up following someone and try to outkick them at the end. First 300m went slower than expected which was fine by me. This wasn't to the liking of the guy who then took over in second so I got on his wheel and there I stayed until just under 100m to go. Felt like the rubber band was being stretched at times but kept it relaxed and with about 250 to go I figured I had him. Opened it up on the final straight and that was that. Splits of 74ish, then a pair of 72s with a 71 to close. Surprised I had any turn of speed in my legs at all but one has to have faith sometimes I guess. Mild temps, with an annoying crosswind that played to my advantage in my role as a leech.

No comments: