6/5/15

Sun 5/31 - AM 45 minutes incl. 5k road race

Not one for the old scrapbook. Against common sense and better judgment, decided I would try to sandbag a local 5k that couldn't be more low key for the minor prize that went to the winner after being generously entered by the SO. Tried the fake it til you make it routine but far too tired and strung out for that to work. Of course, one guy showed up who I knew would present issues to my hopes to coast to an 18-19 minute victory. Tried to stick with him early but gave up about halfway through and from there ran just fast enough to maintain my meaningless spot in second. Disgustingly humid conditions not helping one bit. Finished up feeling dead beat. It's going to take a few days to bounce back from this particular hole I've dug for myself.

No comments: