5/4/14

Sat 5/3 - double, 85 minutes total incl. 5k road race

AM - 60 minutes incl. 5k. A race I was half-wishing I never entered, as it confirmed just how low down I am at the moment. Thankfully, it was also the least competitive race I've ever run, and as such I was able to accomplish what I had hoped while just squeezing under the magical 19 minute barrier for 5k. Over two minutes behind the winner and over a minute in front of the next finisher, a 12 year old. The whole thing was actually quite quaint and despite feeling lower than whale poo rather enjoyable. Results don't appear to be available online which is just as well. Course was gradually up, then gradually down, then gradually up then gradually down again. Overall not a bad layout actually, I just had no energy to tackle it. The right leg held up, barely, but starting to feel the usual twinges by the end of the race. Cooldown an abbreviated putter with a few stops.

PM - 25 minutes very easy. Making up for the inadequate cooldown. Legs sore but not as bad as I was expecting. Still, desperately in need of a massage at the moment.

No comments: