3/13/14

Wed 3/12 - double, 70 minutes total

AM - 26 minutes on the treadmill. About 8 minutes into what was going to be a standard progression it occurred to me that I could do timed pickups instead, and so the last 16 minutes of the run I alternated 60 sec @11 mph with 60 sec @8 mph. The first honest to goodness faster running in quite a while, and the right leg held up to it reasonably well. The controlled environment of the treadmill lent some confidence, no concerns about footing of course. Not entirely sure how the weather would be come afternoon so the possibility existed that this would be my best chance to get in some higher intensity work, however modest.

PM - 45 minutes, Rockland to Levittown, with 5x 3 minute pickups. With the mini-workout of the morning already in the bank I was able to cut bank on the length of the afternoon session. This was good as the rain was starting up in earnest just as I began the first rep. Right hamstring became somewhat fatigued the last two reps but overall held together better than I would have thought as recently as two days ago. Regrettably, it appears the sore throat and congestion have made somewhat of a comeback since yesterday. Unwelcome as it is surprising.

No comments: