3/12/14

Tue 3/11 - PM 35 minutes plus skiing

Skiing for about an hour in Area 51, followed closely by an out and back putter along a still mostly frozen Track Road. Temperature made it well on the high side of normal which made things feel downright tropical, and of course made for soft corny snow as well. No double-poling to speak of, on top of that made a conscious effort to pick up the tempo for the second half of the skiing. Softer snow made for slower going and combined with the milder temp I was actually sweating in earnest by the end of it. Figured I would run for an hour or so but found that I had no energy for it. Running on the icy road didn't help although I had decent traction thanks to the slip-on cleats over the shoes. Surprised at how flat I felt for the run, it couldn't be ignored.

No comments: