3/15/14

Fri 3/14 - AM 25 minutes

Treadmill before work, usual progression from 6 to 10 mph. Overall a day I was happy I survived. Woke up a little after 2 AM with nasal congestion such that my head felt like it was going to explode. 3+ hours of mostly misery after that, seriously considered calling in sick just to sleep in. Went through with the day anyway, and a relatively busy one at that. Felt somewhat energized by the brief run on the treadmill which felt better than I ever thought it would, but the afternoon nosedive was utterly predictable. Collapsed in bed and slept for 90 minutes or so, with a trip into town for the evening planned long ago that took care of any thoughts of an easy afternoon run that I would have done under normal circumstances. The re-emergence of the cold has been the most unwelcome of surprises, thought I had it licked for the most part last weekend.

No comments: