12/17/13

Mon 12/16 - PM 80 minutes

Tiger Drive to Longfellow loop and McMansionville. I had hoped rather naively that the roads in Sudbury would be in better shape than those of Maynard. If anything they were worse, and left me wondering if the plow drivers had been given specific instructions to keep above the pavement. More cynically one could ask if the various contractors just didn't want to put the blade all the way down. Either way found myself running in packed snow most of the way. The only roads clear of the stuff are the ones that are too crowded with traffic to be remotely safe to run on. Despite the poor footing I was able to increase the pace somewhat towards the end. Both calves tight, the right one more so, I think from the slipping around yesterday. Right hammie not as bad as I thought it might be. Quite cold with a breeze but I was actually dressed for it this time, no frozen fingers to contend with.

No comments: