11/22/13

Wed 11/20 - PM 60 minutes incl. 2(1000, 1200)

First time on a track in at least a month. Not exactly a triumphant return but not a complete disaster at least. Pace was irrelevant which is good since it was the race pace of a high school girl--86 pace for the km, 90 for the 1200. Lap jog between each rep, which amounted to just over 2 minutes. The far more important thing that I was obsessing over was how the right hamstring would react to any kind of faster running on a track. Given how it's been feeling gradually worse since the last time I ran legitimately hard nearly three weeks ago I wasn't expecting too much. What wasn't surprising at all was the gradual stiffening of the hamstring, a feeling concentrated mostly in the belly of the muscle, as the workout went along. This made the very modest pace become progressively harder to maintain, as I know even in my beleaguered state that I should be able to clip off 90s all day if need be without feeling the effort for a good while. Still, a moral victory of sorts that I was able to finish the thing without the leg completely shutting down. Warmup was brief and brisk, 4 laps of the track and some hurried drills. Cooldown more drawn out and leisurely, Bittersweet Lane and trails. Somewhat blustery with breezes from the north.

No comments: