11/5/13

Sun 11/3 - AM 60 minutes incl. 5k road race

Garbage in, garbage out. Flat, tired and functionally injured don't make a good combination when it comes time to toe the line. Lack of any kind of substantive training for almost a month didn't put me a in a good position going in. Showing up feeling half-dead finished the job before the gun went off. Hoping to vulture the last money spot but even that wasn't happening as the race attracted at least three actual runners for the first time since I started doing it in 2010. By 200m into the race I knew I was running for nothing. At least as discouraging was the fact that the effort felt like it would have yielded something far better than the sub-mediocre result. Alas, this stop on the sandbag tour may have to be retired. If so, I won't miss the course one bit. Despite having done it the last three years I forgot how obnoxious the changes in elevation are. And of course, the requisite harsh north wind blowing as well. In fact there was a brief snow flurry while I was warming up. Hamstring held up better to all this nonsense better than I would have expected but still a fool's errand overall.

No comments: