8/5/13

Sun 8/4 - double, 1:35 total

AM - 35 minutes easy, Cheyenne Mountain SP. A pre-breakfast shakeout in the fog that was rapidly climbing in from the valley floor. The fog more or less matched my physical state, sort of shuffling along throughout. Made it an out and back when I realized the loop I had in mind would take far longer than the length of time I had in mind. Legs still feel stiff from yesterday's travel, but I did do a full round of stretching afterward. For the first time in far far too long alas.

PM - 60 minutes, out and back to St. Mary's Falls. Another day, another downpour. Unlike the Arizona monsoons I've experienced this version doesn't clear up in an hour or less. Sat in my car in the Gold Camp Rd. parking lot waiting in vain for it to subside. More concerned about the frequent and terrifyingly close thunder and lightning than the rain. Eventually decided to risk life and limb to revisit ground I last trod upon in April, when the waterfall was frozen. I had vague memories of the trail getting nasty near the falls and indeed it does, esp. the utterly miserable last .2 which cannot possibly be an accurate measurement. The trip down was more slippery and messy than I would have liked, but avoided any catastrophes. Legs are tired as is the rest of me. Photographic evidence of foolhardiness forthcoming.


 April
 August
 too flustered by thunder to hold the camera steady


 utter horseshit


No comments: