8/6/12

Sun 8/5 - double, 1:45 total

Did AM - 90 minutes, North Cheyenne Cañon. After much perusal of various maps, I went out and took a different trail than the one I wanted, of course. Not a big deal in the end as the loop I had in mind originally would have actually been on the short side. Started up the Seven Bridges Trail from Gold Camp Road, running alongside the creek
this trail started out mellow enough but soon got much gnarlier than I would have liked with steep sidehill sections in loose gravel, not helped any by the runoff from a freak rainstorm earlier in the week. Eventually I got to Jones Park, the point of the whole thing, which was slightly underwhelming based on what I had read:
From there the plan was to take the 667 to High Drive. To my chagrin though I found that this trail was "multi-use" meaning redneck dipshits on motorbikes tearing it up and creating sine wave hummocks. Eventually I took a side trail which I figured was the 666 (Bear Creek Cañon) which it was. What I didn't realize is how long this thing would descend, for what seemed like forever, until it spat me out at the base of High Drive. Left calf didn't appreciate the descent, some left over soreness from the combo of the race and hill drills have left it very tight.
the 666, aptly named

The run up and over high Drive wasn't as taxing or endless as I thought it would be, a pleasant surprise. Eventually found myself at the same spot I first came upon in April during that trip
10 minutes of downhill running from there put me back at the start. Legs a bit trashed from all the up and down but it could have been worse.

PM - 15 minutes plus drills and strides. Needed to do the post-run stretching routine after skipping the past two days.


No comments: