6/30/12

Fri 6/29 - PM 60 minutes

Northfield, from the boat ramp most of the way up to Birch Point and back down. Thought I could make a loop out of this, fat chance. Got onto a logging trail which turned into a disused logging trail, then no trail at all with me in the middle of the woods somewhere below the top of the ridge that includes Birch Point. The upper reaches of the main trail in a much different state than I last remembered them thanks to abundant logging activity on the slope of the ridge. A bummer for my NMH running camp nostalgia. Tried to go somewhat easy but of course half the run was uphill. Very warm day, got a later start than planned in heading out to the area so the run got truncated a bit, and didn't spend as much time flopping around in the river afterward as I would have liked. The river was damn nice though.

No comments: