4/20/12

Thu 4/19 - AM 2:20

Barr Trail to Barr Camp. Sluggish and lethargic most of the way. Could be I'm not as acclimated as I thought, or the ongoing minor low-grade cold symptoms, or yesterday's effort leaving its mark. Probably a combination of all of these. Kind of knew I wouldn't be bringing my A game so I went with a 5 minute break every half hour from the get-go. The first half hour of course was quite steep and the gradient alone buried me, by the time things leveled off somewhat I was already in trudge mode. I originally had planned to go as high as the snow line or Bottomless Pit, but I knew by the time I got to the Experimental Forest turnoff I wouldn't be traveling further than the camp. Weather not exactly cooperating, overcast with a brisk wind. Right adductor twinging today, as opposed to the left side that's been noticeable the past few days. Odd and unwelcome. Sleeping as well as one could hope for in a tent, hopefully this will facilitate some recovery between now and Saturday. Warmer temps would be nice as well.

No comments: