12/9/11

Thu 12/8 - PM 60 minutes

Failed attempt at some kind of threshold running, thanks to left calf being fried again. Unable to run at any kind of speed faster than a jog w/o aggravating it further than it already is, which became abundantly clear after running 2k on the track at a hardly robust 90 seconds/lap. Called it a day and jogged an easy half hour on the bad wheel after that. In hindsight, this isn't from the recent fool's errand of a race from Sunday, but rather the step-ups, hill drills and finally lunges I've done between now and then. The vulnerable area isn't ready for the stresses inherent in those types of movements. Should have known better but in my defense I've suffered this type of injury so infrequently. Hamstring strains are more up my alley, esp. since it seems I can bounce back from them much sooner. Yesterday's miserable weather replaced by a different kind of miserable, windy vs. rainy. Could have been worse I suppose.

No comments: