8/30/11

Mon 8/29 - PM 65 minutes

Weston, nice loop down Wellesley Road to Meadowbrook and back via aqueduct and Ash Street. Very scenic with a mix of rolling hills and flat terrain. My first run with the young Wildcats. Predictably a hammerfest, although sources told me repeatedly it was an easy run. My own breathing and observations of others told me otherwise. Dragged along from the get-go, thought pace would slack after 15 minutes but it took more like 40 and then kids were taking breaks at every opportunity for a wide variety of reasons. Finished with a relaxed barefoot jog on the plush grass of the football field, which was fantastic and quite frankly what the rest of the run should have been like. Warm sunny dry day. Missing the pond dearly of course, I'll be hitting it this weekend to be sure.

No comments: