7/17/11

Sat 7/16 - double, 1:40 total inl. 5k road race plus 25 minutes in Walden

AM - early that is, 5k race with a 7 AM start time. Went to bed early and everything, slept as well as could be expected. Certainly better than last weekend. Grabbed the lead early on, though I might be in the clear but realized around 2k that I was being stalked. Pace felt quicker than it was, no doubt thanks to the early start. Soon after that realized I wasn't feeling capable of much in the way of a response. Soon after that I was passed (around 4k) and soon after that gave up on the win although I kept contact for a bit. Jogged it in at the 3 mile mark, in hindsight I could have started jogging as soon as I was passed, it was a two horse race. That happens when there are two other races in the immediate area, one in the same town even, and they don't go off at the ass-crack of dawn. Did I mention the race started real early? At least we avoided the rapidly building heat and humidity. Right lower ab (belly really) held up okay but TFL on the left side felt like crap afterward.

PM - 35 minutes easy plus 25 minutes in Walden. The running was strictly about getting to the pond and back, nothing more. The dip was sweet relief after a hot and sticky day. Legs were better for it.

No comments: