7/18/11

Sun 7/17 - AM 2:10 mostly easy

Concord to Alewife along the reformatory branch and minuteman RT. Got started at 9 which was about a half hour later than I probably should have, almost ran out of fluids but made it in one piece by the end. Humid right from the start and the heat of course built inexorably. The frying pan stretch of east Lexington with almost no shade was no picnic however. Pace dawdled for the first hour or so, picked up gradually after that and got moving by the time I got to Arlington. This occurred more from a get it over with mentality than by design. Core hung in there better than expected, no noticeable shriveling of the hammies or abs even near the end. I had planned on doing an afternoon dip in the pond, but by the time I got back to Concord (on the train) I was too wiped out to make it back to the pond on foot which was the only way available. A shame the train no longer stops at the pond.

No comments: