6/29/11

Tue 6/28 - PM 65 minutes incl. 1600-1200-800-400

Demanding session given the pace I ran for the reps. Glad I chose to do this today instead of later in the week, don't know that I'd recover in time for next week's races. Left ankle stiff as usual on the warmup, took longer than normal to work out the kinks. Mild stomach upset combined with sticky warm conditions had me feeling quite nervous upon launching into the 1600. Definitely looking at this workout as an important marker for next week, as such I'd been thinking about it for over a week now. Times as follows:

4:52.5
(4.5R)
3:37.4
(3.5R)
2:23
(2.5R)
69.6

Aiming for a gradual progression within and between each rep. Mostly successful, although the 1200 was more like 72/73/72. Also thinking I would tack on an extra 400 and 2x200 at the end to make the session a little longer. I knew after the 800 that wouldn't be happening, as it would have meant pushing things well beyond what was advisable. Working hard all the way through, kept it as relaxed as I could but it didn't feel especially smooth thanks to the effort required. Cooldown was superslow, nothing left in the tank and felt ready to melt.

No comments: